Located off Cape Cod, “The Vineyard” (as locals call it) is a posh island community offering world-class recreation just a ferry ride away from Hyannis Travel Inn. Martha's Vineyard is an official American Viticultural Area with amazing wineries, serene beaches and a relaxed atmosphere. For more information, please visit Martha's Vineyard online.
Biking in Martha's Vineyard
See the Vineyard from a unique perspective and enjoy the mild summer weather.
- Edgartown Bicycles – (508) 627-9008
- Martha's Bike Rentals – (508) 693-6593
- Pedego Electric Bikes – (508) 693-0515
- Sun 'N Fun – (508) 693-5457
Boating, Fishing & Water Sports in Martha's Vineyard
Take advantage of the island's many beautiful beaches with water activities for the whole family.
- Black Dog Tall Ships Kids Cruises – (508) 693-1699
- Martha's Vineyard Oceansports – (508) 693-2838
- Island Water Sports – (508) 693-7767/6001
- Island Spirit Kayak – (508) 693-9727
- Mad Max Sailing Adventures – (508) 627-7500
- Sail Ena – (508) 627-0848
- Book-a-Boat – (508) 645-2400
Martha's Vineyard Shopping
Martha's Vineyard offers a wealth of wonderful shopping experiences for every taste. To find a complete listing of area stores, please visit the online visitor's guide.
Festivals in Martha's Vineyard
- Farmer's Market (summer) – This festival features fresh produce and flowers
- Taste of the Vineyard (June) – Food and wine abound in this gourmet celebration.
- Fireworks on the Fourth (July) – Includes a parade, fireworks and more.
- Street Fair (July) – Food, family activities and festivities to mark Tisbury Street's birthday
- Portuguese-American Feast (July) – Celebrate Portuguese heritage with food and more
- A Monster Fishing Event (July) – Popular tournament in Oak Bluffs Harbor
- Auction of Dreams (August) – Unique celebrity experiences are auctioned for charity
Martha's Vineyard Museums & Galleries
- The Granary Gallery – (508) 693-0455
- Featherstone Center for the Arts – (508) 693-1850
- Field Gallery – (508) 693-5595
- Kennedy Studios – (508) 693-3948
- Louisa Gould Gallery – (508) 693-7373
Theaters in Martha's Vineyard
- Capawock Theatre – (508) 696-9200
- Cape Cod Theatre Project – (508) 457-4242
- Children's Theatre – (508) 693-2769
- Island Theatre – (508) 696-8300
- Vineyard Playhouse – (508) 693-6450
- Woods Hole Theater Co. – (508) 540-6525
Martha's Vineyard Tours
Martha's Vineyard is a lovely island of beaches, elegant homes and, of course, famous vineyards. See it all with the help of a knowledgeable guide.
- Gay Head Sightseeing Co. – (508) 693-1555
- Martha's Vineyard Sightseeing – (508)-627-TOUR (8687)
- Scenic Excursions – (508) 627-4330
Getting to Martha's Vineyard from Hyannis
Enjoy a leisurely ferry ride to one of New England's most beautiful destinations.
Hy-Line Cruises - (508) 778-2600
Year-round passenger-only ferry to Martha's Vineyard from Cape Cod, Mass. at Hyannis. Seasonal trips from Nantucket to Oak Bluffs.
For more information about travel to Martha's Vineyard from Cape Cod, Mass. by ferry, please visit the Vineyard Gazette online.