The Hyannis Travel Inn offers an affordable alternative to Nantucket lodging. We are just a short stroll and relaxing ferry ride away from Nantucket Island. On Nantucket, you'll find some of the world's most pristine beaches, charming residential areas and enough fun for a wonderful daytrip. Below are some of the island's many highlights. For more information about Nantucket travel, please visit the Nantucket Visitor's Guide.
Biking in Nantucket
There are miles of bike paths around the island, and bike rentals are available.
- Easy Riders – (508) 228-2712
- Island Bike Shop – (508) 228-4070
- Nantucket Bike Shop – (508) 228-1999
- Young's Bicycle Shop – (508) 228-1151
Nantucket Boating, Fishing & Water Sports
Water is a big part of life on the island, and there are many places that cater to water activities.
- Endeavor Sailing Adventures – (508) 228-5585
- Nantucket Boat Rental – (508) 325-1001
- Albacore Fishing Charters – (508) 228-5074
- Cross Rip Outfitters – (508) 228-4900
- Shearwater Excursions – (508) 228-7037
- Topspin Charter Fishing – (508) 228-7724
- Nantucket Surfari – (508) 228-1235
- Sea Nantucket Kayak Rentals – (508) 228-7499
Shopping in Nantucket
You'll find antiques, book shops, apparel, gourmet items and much more in the island's many stores and boutiques.
Festivals in Nantucket
For a complete listing of local events, please visit Yesterday's Island online.
- Nantucket Wine Festival (spring) – Food, wine and merriment with over 100 wineries represented
- Daffodil Festival (April) – Celebrate spring with flowers, parades, picnicking and more
- Nantucket Film Festival (June) – Focuses on the art of screen writing
- Nantucket Arts Week (October) – A celebration of the performing, visual and literary arts
- Nantucket Christmas Stroll (December) – Features costumed carolers, bell ringers, and decorations.
Nantucket Museums & Galleries
- African Meetinghouse-Nantucket – (508) 228-9833
- G S Hill Gallery – (508) 257-4177
- Lightship Basket Museum – (508) 228-1177
- Maria Mitchell Hinchman House – (508) 228-0898
- Nantucket Historical Association – (508) 228-1894
- Nantucket Life Saving Museum – (508) 228-1885
- Nantucket Lightship Basket – (508) 228-1177
- Spectrum Art Galleries – (508) 228-4606
Theaters in Nantucket
- Dreamland Theatre – (508) 228-5356
- Gaslight Theater – (508) 228-4435
- Theatre Workshop of Nantucket – (508) 228-4305
See the island by bus, bike, boat or on foot with a guide to show you the best spots.
- Adventure Tours of Nantucket – (508) 228-1686
- Eco Guides: Strong Wings – (508) 228-1769
- Rootles Treasure Hunts – (508) 560-0006
Getting to Nantucket Island from Hyannis
There are several options for Nantucket travel from Hyannis, including air and sea transportation.
- Steamship Authority – (508) 477-8600, (508) 540-1394 (TDD) This car ferry operate year-round and take about 2 hours 15 minutes. Reservations required for vehicles.
- Fast Ferry – (508) 495-FAST (3278) This 1-hour ferry ride allows no vehicles, though bicycles are allowed. Reservations highly recommended.
- Hy-Line Cruises – (508) 778-2600 This high-speed catamaran ferry operate year-round and takes about 1 hour.
For private boats or flight information from major/local airlines, charters and private planes, please visit the Nantucket Chamber online.
To find out more about Nantucket lodging at Hyannis Travel Inn, call (800) 352-7190.
Cape Cod Waterfront Hotels
Welcome to Cape Cod! Cape Cod Waterfront Hotels offers the best rates on hotels near Cape Cod Waterfront.